We are proud to announce that IBEW Local 103 is offering NEW Voluntary Disability & Life Insurance Benefits to our Active Members and their families through our plan administrator, Cornerstone Benefits Management. Members can enroll in their choice of Short-Term Disability (STD), Long-Term Disability (LTD), and Life Insurance with Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D). Be on the lookout, we mailed enrollment materials and information to your homes. You can also go to www.Local103Disability.com to learn more.
This new coverage is very important. Currently our members do not receive any Disability benefits through our Health Benefits Fund. Not being protected puts your income and your family at risk if you can’t work due to an injury, illness or death. We’re rolling this out to provide you an affordable, pre-approved way to ensure your family’s financial well-being when the unexpected happens.
Don’t miss out! Open Enrollment ends April 10, 2020. This could be your only opportunity to enroll in these supplemental coverages. If minimum participation levels are met, coverage will become effective on May 1, 2020.
What You Need to Know:
- All coverages are Guaranteed Approved during this open enrollment; active Members and their families cannot be denied coverage for any reason.
- These benefits pay in addition to other benefits to give you better protection.
- You must take action to enroll; Cornerstone doesn’t have any Members’ personal contact information and will not be contacting our Members directly.
- Easy Enrollment (in less than 10 minutes):
- Call Cornerstone at (224) 770−5305
- Go online at www.Local103Disability.com
- Mail in enrollment form that was mailed to you
The decision to enroll in any of these coverages is the individual responsibility of each member and the plan is completely voluntary. All premiums will be collected via a secure ACH transfer process. Take the time to learn about your options and choose what best addresses the needs of you and your loved ones. Call (224) 770−5305 before April 10 to learn more or enroll.
Louis J. Antonellis
Business Manager/Financial Secretary