Continued Income When Your Paycheck Stops Due To Injury, Illness or Death!
Plan Information Overview:
- Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 Weeks
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 10 years
- Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of the IBEW Local 103 can be denied coverage!
BUSINESS MANAGER MESSAGES
Special Enrollment Ends 9/21/20 for Local 103’s Voluntary Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance Plan (Text via Local 103 App)
Dear Members, Our Special Enrollment ends 9/21/20 for Local 103’s voluntary: Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance plan (COVID-19 is covered). You must take action to be protected! Members are guaranteed approved; there are no medical tests or questions to...
Dear Member, There are 4 weeks left to take advantage of our Special Open Enrollment for the Local 103 Life and Disability Insurance Plan. Special Enrollment FAQ: No medical tests, questions or underwriting to enroll; Members cannot be denied when enrolling by...
Dear Member, Our IBEW Local 103 Voluntary Life and Disability Plan went into effect on May 1, 2020, with nearly 1,200 Members enrolled. Due to the COVID-19 health emergency, I’ve negotiated a SPECIAL 60-DAY ENROLLMENT opportunity for anyone that did not previously...
Dear Members, Our IBEW Local 103 Voluntary Life and Disability Plan went into effect on May 1, 2020 and nearly 1,200 Members enrolled. Due to the COVID-19 health emergency (COVID-19 is covered on our plan), I negotiated a SPECIAL 60-DAY ENROLLMENT opportunity for...
IBEW LOCAL 103 SOCIAL MEDIA
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
- Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
- Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
- Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members WOULD NOT have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls, has coverage on the effective date, but has already been medically diagnosed with case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus prior to the 10/1/2020 plan effective date
- The member’s coverage was not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at 224-770-5305 for more information.