I’m proud to announce these updates to the IBEW Local 103 Paycheck Protection Program being offered through our partner, Cornerstone Benefits Management.
We’ve seen more than 900 Brothers & Sisters enroll in these NEW Group Disability & Life Insurance Benefits. On behalf of our entire Local 103 active Membership, we’ve successfully negotiated the following:
- Our Paycheck Protection Plan has been OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED by the insurance carrier Sun Life Financial, with an effective date of May 1, 2020.
- Everyone’s coverage will go in-force on May 1, 2020 regardless of their working status. Sun Life will allow anyone currently laid off, furloughed, etc an additional 60 days (until June 30, 2020) to return to work to maintain their personal coverage.
- You can still enroll! Open Enrollment has been extended through 4/30/2020. Anyone who forgot, needed more time, was unsure if the plan would go in force—can still enroll and be covered on May 1st.
Our plan features: Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance with AD&D. These coverages protect your take-home pay when you cannot work due to illness, injury or death. COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is a covered illness on these Disability and Life benefits.
What You Need to Know:
- Enrollment extension until 4/30/2020.
- Affordable Group rates (most can get Disability for less than $10 per month & Life Insurance w/AD&D for less than $4.05 per month).
- Guaranteed Approved—no medical tests, questions or underwriting to enroll.
- Easy enrollment, it takes less than 10 minutes (spouses can enroll on behalf of Members)
- Call Cornerstone at (224) 770−5305
- Go online at www.Local103Disability.com
- Mail in enrollment form that we mailed to you
Don’t miss out on protecting you and your loved ones from unexpected financial hardship. These new benefits are completely voluntary, you must proactively enroll to get coverage. Call (224) 770−5305 or go online at www.Local103Disability.com
Louis J. Antonellis
Business Manager/Financial Secretary