Our IBEW Local 103 Voluntary Paycheck Protection Plan went in-force on May 1, 2020. This Plan allows members to voluntarily elect Life and/or Disability coverage to protect themselves and their families if they cannot work due to an illness, injury or death. I am proud to say that nearly 1,200 of our Members enrolled in the plan during the first enrollment and are now protected from the unexpected.
Due to the COVID-19 health emergency, I’ve negotiated with the insurance carrier, Sun Life Financial, to provide a special 60-day enrollment opportunity for anyone that did not previously enroll. You are pre-approved for coverage and cannot be denied if you enroll by September 21, 2020 for coverage effective October 1, 2020.
Our members do not receive any Disability benefits through our Health Benefits Fund, so please spend the time to learn more about these important benefits by calling 224-770-5305.
Special Open Enrollment Overview:
- COVID-19 is a covered illness on our plan.
- All coverages are Guaranteed Approved during this open enrollment; there are no medical tests or questions to enroll and Members cannot be denied.
- Benefits are paid tax free, directly to the Member or beneficiary.
- Premiums are collected via a secure ACH transfer process. You can cancel or reduce coverages at any time.
- Benefits pay in addition to other benefits to give you better protection.
Your ability to earn an income is one of your most valuable assets. This plan protects that asset if you cannot work due to injury, illness or death. The decision to enroll in any of these coverages is the individual responsibility of each member and the plan is completely voluntary. Review this information carefully and choose the plan options that best address the needs of you and your loved ones.
- Call Cornerstone at 224-770-5305; spouses can enroll on behalf of a Member
- Go online at www.Local103Disability.com
Louis J. Antonellis
Business Manager/Financial Secretary
Cornerstone does not have any member’s personal contact information and will not be contacting our members directly. It is your responsibility to take action and contact Cornerstone at 224-770-5305 to enroll or learn more about these benefits.