I’m proud to announce that we are rolling out NEW Disability and Life Benefits exclusive to ACTIVE IBEW LOCAL 103 MEMBERS & THEIR FAMILIES.
These new benefits are completely voluntary, meaning that you must proactively enroll and be responsible for your monthly premium to take advantage. You can enroll anytime between now and April 10th, with coverage scheduled to go into place on May 1st, 2020.
- Why are we making these new benefits available to our Members? Currently our members’ paychecks are not protected if they are unable to work due to a disabling sickness or injury. For those of you that have experienced this situation or know someone who has, then you know how financially debilitating it can be for a family to not have any money coming in when the unexpected happens.
- These NEW Paycheck Protection Benefits will help to replace your paycheck when you’re unable to work. We’re making a few options available, so Members can choose what’s best for them individually.
- It’s important to understand that when you enroll, you do not need to answer any medical questions or be forced to submit to a physical exam. EVERYONE is guaranteed approved and no one can be denied coverage. This is important for any of our members with past or current health conditions who can’t get these coverages on their own.
- During this open enrollment, you’ll be able to enroll, no questions asked, in any or all of the following coverages:
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability for yourself that can protect your income for up to 10 years.
- Life Insurance w/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment for you and your family. You can get up to $250,000 of Life insurance for yourself, $50,000 for your spouse and $10,000 for your kids.
ENROLLMENT IS QUICK AND EASY—It Takes Less Than 10 Minutes & Spouses Can Enroll For Members.
- Call (224) 770−5305.
- Online at Local103Disability.com.
- Or return the enrollment form in the benefits packet that will be mailed to your home later this month.
PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD AND BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR INFORMATION FROM OUR OFFICE:
- An introductory Post Card has already been mailed to your home, as well as a complete informational packet with an enrollment form that will arrive at your home in late January.
- We will be sending additional information through the 103 App and emails from my office.
- Please share and help us continue to get the word out to all of our Members.
- Our Members will not be contacted, cold called or harassed by Cornerstone; they do not have your contact information. YOU MUST take action to enroll or learn more about these benefits because there won’t be anyone calling you!
- I encourage all of you to take some time to understand how important these Disability & Life Coverages can be for you and your family when the unexpected Illness, Injury or Death occurs. Dan from Cornerstone is set up outside, so please swing by to learn more and pick up some information.