IBEW LOCAL 103 PAYCHECK PROTECTION
Continued Income When Your Paycheck Stops Due To Injury, Illness or Death!
Plan Information Overview:
- Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 Weeks
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 10 years
- Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of the IBEW Local 103 can be denied coverage!
BUSINESS MANAGER MESSAGES
I’m proud to announce these updates to the IBEW Local 103 Paycheck Protection Program being offered through our partner, Cornerstone Benefits Management. We’ve seen more than 900 Brothers & Sisters enroll in these NEW Group Disability & Life Insurance...
Brothers and Sisters, Please think about you and your family’s financial well-being in the event of an injury, illness or death. Local 103 has Negotiated affordable Disability and Life Insurance for you and your family! Open Enrollment ends 4/10/2020. Now you can...
The NEW IBEW 103 Paycheck Protection Plan is Being Well Received by Our Members (Text via Local 103 App)
Brothers and Sisters, Now is the time to learn more about these important Life and Disability Benefits. We’ve negotiated discounted group rates; most Local 103 Members can get Disability coverage for less than $9 per month. Insure your take-home pay and protect...
IBEW LOCAL 103 SOCIAL MEDIA
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
Furthermore, if you experience a work stoppage due to COVID-19 and are not actively working on the plan effective date of coverage 5/1/2020; you can still enroll, be covered on the effective date of coverage and continue being covered while out of work through July 31st, 2020 as long as premiums are paid.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
- Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
- Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
- Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls, has coverage on the effective date, but has already been medically diagnosed with case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus prior to the 5/1/2020 plan effective date
- The member’s coverage was not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at 224-770-5305 for more information.