Special Open Enrollment for
IBEW Local 103 Paycheck Protection
Continued Income When Your Paycheck Stops Due To Injury, Illness or Death!
Plan Information Overview:
- Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 Weeks
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 10 years
- Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of the IBEW Local 103 can be denied coverage!
Time Left to Enroll
Enrollment Ends 9/21/2020
Coverage Begins 10/1/2020
BUSINESS MANAGER MESSAGES
Dear Member, Our IBEW Local 103 Voluntary Paycheck Protection Plan went in-force on May 1, 2020. This Plan allows members to voluntarily elect Life and/or Disability coverage to protect themselves and their families if they cannot work due to an illness, injury or...
Local 103 Life & Disability — ENROLLMENT EXTENSION ENDS In 2 Days On 4/30/2020! (Text via Local 103 App)
I’m proud to announce that we’ve successfully negotiated the following: Our Plan is OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED by the insurance carrier for a May 1, 2020 effective date. Enrolled members are covered starting May 1 regardless of working status, so long as you were actively...
Dear Member, Over 1,000 of our Brothers & Sisters have already enrolled in our NEW IBEW Local 103 Disability & Life Insurance Benefits. I am proud to announce that we’ve successfully negotiated the following: Our Plan has been OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED by the...
Local 103 Life & Disability —PLAN ACCEPTED & ENROLLMENT EXTENDED Until 4/30/2020! (Text via Local 103 App)
I’m proud to announce that we’ve successfully negotiated the following: Our Plan has been OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED by the insurance carrier with a May 1, 2020 effective date. All enrolled members will have coverage effective May 1 regardless of their working status, so...
IBEW LOCAL 103 SOCIAL MEDIA
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
- Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
- Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
- Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members WOULD NOT have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls, has coverage on the effective date, but has already been medically diagnosed with case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus prior to the 10/1/2020 plan effective date
- The member’s coverage was not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at 224-770-5305 for more information.